How We Were Formed
Buy Local Kalamazoo grew out of an interest on the part of local business
owners and consumers to distinguish businesses that support the local
economy. We have a unique community of businesses that enhance the
character and integrity of the Kalamazoo area.
- The welfare of a community relies on the health of the
- Independent business is the foundation for a successful, thriving local
- Alliances among independent businesses yield new
opportunities and are at the root of economic growth
- To increase the purchase of locally produced products,
supplies and services by businesses and local residents.
- To educate local residents on the benefits of purchasing
local products and services.
- To direct capital toward local financial institutions and
businesses that are committed to building a more
inclusive and healthy economy.
- To create educational materials, forums and other
means to increase, promote and improve local
- To develop a diverse network of entrepreneurs, non-profit
and community members committed to our mission.
- To support economic development through key initiatives.